Friday 25 May 2007

Google maps

So whilst googling for this very blog (sad I accept) I come across Cyclinginboulder
Yeah I know its in Colorado USA but this guy uses Google Maps to great effect to show cycle routes where he lives. So thats what I will endeavour to do.

So I tried but can't get it to work. I'll have to get to grips with kml files I think.

I do have the Cassop Vale route sorted out with a written description, grid references and photos. Its ready to go!

If you are interested in the natural history of the area we ride through on that route then this will tell you.

I'm going to to try and add some pictures to the header title of the blog today.

2 comments:

Gary Grainger said...

On the blogger homepage there's a tutorial about adding pictures to your header - I'm going to try it too. Nice work on the site, Phil - keep it up. I've just writtten a post over at my place: http://thumbrella.blogspot.com

manmonkey said...

Thanks Gary - I tried that tutorial and whilst it does what it says it ain't what I want! ( I reckon I'll have to gain a bit of HTML knowledge).
I've added your blog to my links - I enjoyed the site!